Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] mac80211: silent build warnings

From: Ying Xue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 15:45:12 +0800

On 01/08/2015 03:41 PM, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 15:04 +0800, Ying Xue wrote:
>> Silent the following build warnings:
>>
>> net/mac80211/mlme.c: In function ‘ieee80211_rx_mgmt_beacon’:
>> net/mac80211/mlme.c:1348:3: warning: ‘pwr_level_cisco’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
>> net/mac80211/mlme.c:1315:6: note: ‘pwr_level_cisco’ was declared here
> 
> We seem to get this every year or so... just upgrade your compiler and
> it will be smart enough to prove that it's wrong here.
> 
> I really *don't* want to shut up the compiler forcefully since it will
> cause modern compilers to *not* warn if it actually *is* unused - and 0
> is not a useful value - this code is tricky enough and we want compiler
> help in case we need to modify it in the future.
> 

Thank for your explanation, and please ignore the noise.

Regards,
Ying

> johannes

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html