Subject: Re: non-OVS based vxlan config broken on 3.19-rc ?!

From: Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:20:22 -0200

On 14-01-2015 18:55, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 5:52 PM, thomas Graf <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 01/14/15 at 05:18pm, Or Gerlitz wrote:
>>> Guys, just realized that non-OVS based vxlan config is broken with
>>> 3.19-rc... I see that it works for me on 3.18.2 and breaks on 3.19-rc3
>>> (Linus tree). Tested over mlx4 (both offloaded and non offloaded modes) and
>>> igb, see below the simplest form I can see it breaks on 3.19-rcand works on
>>> 3.18
>>>
>>> Looking on tcpdump and stats, the arp reply arrives to the 3.19-rc host NIC
>>> driver but is dropped along the stack beforehanded to the vxlan driver, not
>>> sure where and why...
>>
>> As additional data point: I tested the VXLAN-GBP with iproute2 based tunnels
>> on net-next and that works fine. Driver used was a e1000 in KVM.
>
>
> mm, so net-next.git (3.20 candidate code) and 3.18 works, but @ least
> for me 3.19-rc doesn't - could you check if net.git works for you on
> iproute2 based tunnels in that env? just vxlan is enough.
>

Hi,

Just tested your commands on two virtual machines running virtio (same host), 
Linus' commit fb005c47f7b72edac50342b6af490af09854381b (which is 3.19.0-rc4+) 
and it worked just fine for me. That is, ping went through both ways without 
issues.

I'll still try with net.git..

Did you try dropwatch? If you add a neigh entry for the remote peer and ping 
flood it, you may spot it on dropwatch.

   Marcelo