Subject: Re: [PATCH RESEND] igb: Reset TXPBSIZE to default value

From: Xander Huff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 14:09:54 -0600

On 1/16/2015 1:41 PM, Vick, Matthew wrote:
> On 1/16/15, 10:59 AM, "Xander Huff" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> From: Jeff Westfahl <[email-masked]>
>>
>> The TXPBSIZE register of the i210 resets to its default value only
>> at power-on. It doesn't reset if you reboot the system, only if you
>> pull power. If something (another driver, another OS, etc.) modifies
>> this register from its default value, the igb driver doesn't function
>> correctly. It detects a hang of the transmitter and continuously resets
>> the adapter. Here we set this value to its default when resetting the
>> i210 to resolve this issue.
>
> This should have already been resolved last May in commit
> 27dff8b2f680ce966b5d959be9d69dd0edd92e3b ("igb: add defaults for i210
> TX/RX PBSIZE"). Are you running the latest upstream kernel?
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew
>
Looks like you're correct. Please disregard this patch.

-- 
Xander Huff
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year. New Location. New Benefits. New Data Center in Ashburn, VA.
GigeNET is offering a free month of service with a new server in Ashburn.
Choose from 2 high performing configs, both with 100TB of bandwidth.
Higher redundancy.Lower latency.Increased capacity.Completely compliant.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/gigenet
_______________________________________________
E1000-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/e1000-devel
To learn more about Intel&#174; Ethernet, visit http://communities.intel.com/community/wired