Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/3] openvswitch: Add STT support.

From: Vincent JARDIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 00:46:31 +0100

Jesse, Tom,

On 21/01/2015 23:14, Jesse Gross wrote:
>> I'm not going to try to draw conclusions from data which is obviously
>> >biased and incomplete. If you want to move forward on this, then just
>> >provide network interface for STT so we can independently run our own
>> >comparisons against other encapsulations like we've been doing all
>> >along.
> You have the source code, so you are totally free to run whatever
> tests you like to draw your own conclusions. Personally, I find a more
> than doubling of performance in the environments that I have seen
> compelling. Your mileage may vary.

+1 for STT in the kernel:
   - whatever the performances, it is needed because it happened to be 
used. If the patch can be optimized, someone will do and provide the 
related patches. The patch from Pravin is ok but...

   - ...I agree with Tom, a netdevice is a must have to ack't this 
patch. Such feature should not be added into openvswitch without its 
counter-part netdevice.

thank you,
   Vincent