Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/7] can: kvaser_usb: Leaf bugfixes and USBCan-II support

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:56:16 +0100

On 01/26/2015 11:07 AM, Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:
> On 01/26/2015 06:17 AM, Ahmed S. Darwish wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> This is an updated patch series for the Kvaser CAN/USB devices:
>>
>> 1- Extra patches are now added to the series. Most importantly
>> patch #1 which fixes a critical `sleep in atomic context' bug
>> in the current upstream driver. Patch #2 fixes a corruption in
>> the kernel logs, also affecting current upstream driver. Patch
>> #4 was originally USBCan-II only, but since it's a generic fix,
>> it's now retrofitted to the Leaf-only upstream driver first.
>>
>> 2- The series has been re-organized so that patches #1 -> #4
>> inclusive can go to linux-can/origin, while the rest can move
>> to -next.
>>
>> 3- There are some important updates regarding the USBCan-II
>> error counters, and how really erratic their heaviour is. All
>> the new details are covered at the bottom of this URL:
>>
>> 	http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.can/7481
>>
>> 4- Attached below is the new candump traces. Now
>> `back-to-error-active' states appear _if_ the hardware was
>> kind enough and decreased the error counters appropriately.
>> The earlier code did not recognize the error counters going
>> down, thus the `back-to-error-active' transitions did not
>> appear.
> 
> For patches 5-7 I'm waiting for an Acked by Andri.

Applied to can-next, it's available as can-next-testing in the
linux-can-next repo.

Marc.

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |