Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC 1/2] net: dsa: integrate with SWITCHDEV for HW bridging

From: Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 06:23:03 -0800

On 02/23/2015 05:34 AM, Andrew Lunn wrote:
>> BTW, before I re-submit this patch series, do you think we should
>> introduce a fdb_flush() callback that switch drivers are required to
>> implement, and invoke it from net/dsa/slave.c upon port join/leave?
>
> Probably a good idea.
>
> We should define exactly what is flushed. Everything? Or only dynamic
> entries? The Marvell hardware can also have multicast addresses in its
> tables, which can age, or static unicast and multicast entries.
>

I currently use ATU command 110 (flush all non-static entries in a
particular FID). I see means to flush either all entries or all
non-static entries, but no means to only flush unicast or multicast
entries. Does any of the standards distinguish between learned unicast
and multicast addresses ? Flushing those selectively might be a
challenge.

Guenter