Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: phy: b53: switchdev driver for Broadcom BCM53xx switches

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:57:17 -0800

On 26/02/15 07:36, Andrew Lunn wrote:
>> It doesn't really answer my question as I don't see functionality I'm
>> looking for in bcm_sf2. I don't see it handling (un)tagging or PVID
>> anywhere. It makes me believe such features are not implemented (and
>> not configurable) using bridges/dsa at all. Can you any API related to
>> untagging / PVID?
> 
> The (un)tagging code is in net/dsa/tag_brcm.c This is generic code, so
> you would not expect to find it in bcm_sf2. All you need to do is set
> 
>         .tag_protocol           = DSA_TAG_PROTO_BRCM,
> 
> in your dsa_switch_driver structure and the core DSA code will ensure
> the packets gets the header applied/removed.

This is untagging for the Broadcom tags, while Rafal is looking into
support the ndo_rx_vlan_{add,kill}_vid, which is something different here.
-- 
Florian