Subject: bonding.txt, broadcast mode description

From: Stephen Wadeley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:49:50 +0100

Dear Esteemed List Members

In my private time I work on Fedora guides and I would like to 
contribute something to kernel docs and networking related man pages.

WRT doc/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt

under bonding, modes, there is currently:

	broadcast or 3

		Broadcast policy: transmits everything on all slave
		interfaces.  This mode provides fault tolerance.

How do the list members feel about changing that to:

Option 1]
Broadcast policy: All transmissions are sent on all slave interfaces. 
Useful for high availability applications where duplicate packets are 
sent to separate networks. Requires switch support if sending to a 
single network.

Option 2]
Broadcast policy: All transmissions are sent
on all slave interfaces. Useful for high availability applications where
duplicate packets are sent to separate networks. Requires switch support
if sending to a single network. This mode might not work behind a bridge
with virtual machines without additional switch configuration.

Willing to submit patches.

Thank you
Yours sincerely

-- 
Stephen Wadeley
Content Author | Red Hat, Inc.
Purkynova 99 | Brno, Czech Republic