Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: can: Enable xilinx driver for all ARCHs

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:56:24 +0100

On 03/09/2015 04:51 PM, Sören Brinkmann wrote:
>>> Sounds reasonable. Michael, make it so.
>>
>> I have sent v2 which add arm64 to Kconfig and I am keeping just dependency on
>> ARCH_ZYNQ not all ARM platforms.
> 
> You could (and some people do that with some devices) use these devices
> from x86(_64) if you plug your FPGA/Zynq platform into a PCIe slot
> (FWIW, this should work for any platform that supports PCIe). I think we
> just had somebody sending patches to enable the Zynq UART, IIRC, for x86.

Nice :)

The "depends on" can easily be changed with once there's PCIe glue code
for the driver.

Marc
-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |