Subject: Re: [PATCH] mm: kill kmemcheck

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:39:33 -0400

On 03/11/2015 08:40 AM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:34:46 -0400
> Sasha Levin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> > Fair enough. We knew there are existing kmemcheck users, but KASan should be
>> > superior both in performance and the scope of bugs it finds. It also shouldn't
>> > impose new limitations beyond requiring gcc 4.9.2+.
>> >
> Ouch! OK, then I can't use it. I'm currently compiling with gcc 4.6.3.
> 
> It will be a while before I upgrade my build farm to something newer.

Are you actually compiling new kernels with 4.6.3, or are you using older
kernels as well?

There's no real hurry to kill kmemcheck right now, but we do want to stop
supporting that in favour of KASan.

Thanks,
Sasha