Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] EEE support for mv88e6172

From: Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 01:46:00 -0700

On 03/11/2015 01:59 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 23:05:56 +0100
>
>> This patchset contains two cleanups and then adds EEE support
>> to the mv88e6172, using the base provided by Guenter Roeck
>>
>> Tested on a WRT1900AC with mv88e6172 and DIR665 with mv88e6171.
>
> This series does not apply cleanly to net-next.
>
> I really want to discourage you posting patches against trees other
> that net and net-next like this, without CLEARLY marking in the
> Subject lines that this patch series is special and that I should
> not try to review and apply it at all.
>

Andrew,

I see two options: I can submit my entire series of HW bridging
patches for mv88e6xxx, or I submit the introductory patches of that
series (the ones refactoring the code to prepare for HW bridging)
plus your (rebased) patches on top of it.

What do you think ?

Thanks,
Guenter