Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 0/3] switchdev: support stp updates on stacked netdevices

From: roopa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:09:59 -0700

On 3/15/15, 3:33 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Scott Feldman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 13:03:06 -0700
>
>> I'm proposing a simple, permissive solution, with a provision for an
>> out on a case-by-case basis.  Right now I don't see any reason to
>> special case any middle driver; just let STP state propagate down to
>> the port device.
> +1
ok. That was the path i had taken initially (see for getlink/setlink):
http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg313436.html

I have resubmitted the patch with rollback to transparently following 
lowerdevs.
My version also does not follow lowerdevs if NETIF_F_HW_SWITCH_OFFLOAD 
is not
set. And this is set on bonds and teams if any one of their lowerdevs 
have it currently.

thanks.