Subject: [PATCH 0/2 RESEND] IB/Verbs: Use helpers to refine the checking on transport and link layer

From: Michael Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:09:36 +0100

My sincerely apologies for the corrupted mails, and thanks for Dan's kindly
remind :-)

There are too many lengthy code to check the transport type of IB device,
or the link layer type of it's port, this patch set try to use some helper to
refine and save us some code.

TODO:
    Currently we inferred from the transport type and link layer type to identify
    the way of management, it will be better if we can directly get the indicator
    from vendor.

    Sean proposed one suggestion:
        https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg23339.html

    It may need a big work to adapt current implementation to utilize
    these flags elegantly.

    Also the performance concern on query_port() need to be addressed, may be
    some new callback like query_mgmt() could works.

Michael Wang (2):
    [PATCH 1/2] IB/Verbs: Use helpers to check transport and link layer
    [PATCH 2/2] IB/Verbs: Use helpers to check IBoE technology

---
 drivers/infiniband/core/agent.c           |    2 -
 drivers/infiniband/core/cm.c              |    2 -
 drivers/infiniband/core/cma.c             |   33 ++++++++++++------------------
 drivers/infiniband/core/mad.c             |    6 ++---
 drivers/infiniband/core/multicast.c       |   11 +++-------
 drivers/infiniband/core/sa_query.c        |   14 ++++++------
 drivers/infiniband/core/ucm.c             |    3 --
 drivers/infiniband/core/user_mad.c        |    2 -
 drivers/infiniband/core/verbs.c           |    5 +---
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/ah.c           |    2 -
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/cq.c           |    4 ---
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/mad.c          |   14 +++---------
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/main.c         |    8 ++-----
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/mlx4_ib.h      |    2 -
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/qp.c           |   21 ++++++-------------
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/sysfs.c        |    6 +----
 drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_main.c |    6 ++---
 include/rdma/ib_verbs.h                   |   30 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_recvfrom.c   |    3 --
 19 files changed, 87 insertions(+), 87 deletions(-)