Subject: Re: [RFC net-next 1/2] net: allow user to set IPv6 nexthop for IPv4 route

From: Robert Shearman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:53:01 +0000

On 26/03/15 21:05, Andy Gospodarek wrote:
> diff --git a/include/uapi/linux/rtnetlink.h b/include/uapi/linux/rtnetlink.h
> index bea910f..26cdd01 100644
> --- a/include/uapi/linux/rtnetlink.h
> +++ b/include/uapi/linux/rtnetlink.h
> @@ -306,6 +306,7 @@ enum rtattr_type_t {
>          RTA_VIA,
>          RTA_NEWDST,
>          RTA_PREF,
> +       RTA_GATEWAY6,

There shouldn't be any need to add a new attribute. The RTA_VIA 
attribute that Eric Biederman recently introduced should have the 
semantics that you require:

"RTA_VIA specifies the specifies the next machine to send a packet to
like RTA_GATEWAY.  RTA_VIA differs from RTA_GATEWAY in that it
includes the address family of the address of the next machine to send
a packet to."

Thanks,
Rob