Subject: Re: [PATCH] of_net: factor out repetitive code from of_get_mac_address()

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 20:17:57 +0300

Hello.

On 03/28/2015 04:34 PM, Grant Likely wrote:

>> of_get_mac_address() basically does the same  thing thrice, every  time with  a
>> different  property  name,  so it makes sense to factor out the repetitive code
>> into separate function. While at it, we can start using ETH_ALEN instead of the
>> bare number and drop unnecessary parens around the property length check.

>> The resulting ARM object file is 100 bytes less in size than before the patch.

>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

>> ---
>> The patch is against Grant Likely's 'linux.git' repo's 'devicetree/next' branch.

> Thanks for looking at this, I've merged it.

> Since you're already playing with this, could you also write a unittest
> of of_get_mac_addr()? (drivers/of/unittest.c & drivers/of/unittest-data)

    Unfortunately, I'm constantly low on time. Even this patch was done on 
weekend.

> g.

WBR, Sergei