Subject: VxLAN system wedge in 4.0.0-rc5+ from davem net-next?

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 17:11:12 -0700

Hi -

I've been messing about with VxLAN with a pair of two socket systems 
with ixgbe-driven NICs (HP 560FLRs for the curious) and have noticed 
that with a kernel from a davem net-next tree I refreshed a couple days 
ago I can create the vlxan link, and ifconfig it, but once I start 
trying to push packets through it the system appears to hang and I have 
to reset it.

I went back to checkout v3.19 and tried that kernel and all was 
happiness and joy.  So, I started down the bisect path, but after the 
first iteration I ran into:

   INSTALL debian/headertmp/usr/include/asm/ (65 files)
parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l2): found eof 
where expected first heading
parsechangelog/debian: error: fatal error occurred while parsing 
debian/changelog
dpkg-gencontrol: error: changelog parser 
/usr/lib/dpkg/parsechangelog/debian gave error exit status 255
scripts/package/Makefile:90: recipe for target 'deb-pkg' failed
make[1]: *** [deb-pkg] Error 255
Makefile:1238: recipe for target 'deb-pkg' failed
make: *** [deb-pkg] Error 2

Which I'm afraid goes beyond my knowledge of how to deal.  Does any of 
that - either the VxLAN or the build problem - sound familiar?

thanks,

rick jones