Subject: Re: VxLAN system wedge in 4.0.0-rc5+ from davem net-next?

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 10:17:14 -0700

On 04/07/2015 05:28 AM, Hannes Frederic Sowa wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015, at 12:14, Hannes Frederic Sowa wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015, at 00:51, Rick Jones wrote:
>>> The git bisect has implicated:
>>>
>>> b6a7719aedd7e5c0f2df7641aa47386111682df4 is the first bad commit
>>> commit b6a7719aedd7e5c0f2df7641aa47386111682df4
>>> Author: Hannes Frederic Sowa <[email-masked]>
>>> Date:   Wed Mar 25 17:07:44 2015 +0100
>>
>> Thanks for the report, I try to reproduce this right now!
>
> Rick, can you send me more details on your setup? I am not able to
> reproduce it here, I am able to send a lot of fragments via vxlan
> interfaces here.

Pair of HP Sl230s Gen8 systems with HP 560FLR 10GbE NICs (Intel
82599ES) connected to an HP 5900 series switch running Comware 7.11.035, 
Release 2208P01.  On one side I have a 3.14.mumble kernel (which was 
also the source of the config file used to build the upstream kernels). 
  On the other side I have the test kernels from davem's net-next tree. 
  I create the vxlan0 interface using:

  ip li add vxlan0 type vxlan id 42 group 239.1.1.1 dev eth2 dstport 4789

Which is taken almost verbatim from Documentation/networking/vxlan.txt
and then I assign an IP address to the interface with ifconfig.  Then I 
ping the other system (which I have setup vxlan similarly) and before I 
even see ping report one reply, the system ceases to respond via the 
network or console.

I suspect my present mail client would munge it as inline so I'll send 
you a copy of the config file as a direct email with an attachment.

rick