Subject: Re: [PATCH] sh_eth: move inline functions to the header file

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 20:21:23 +0300

Hello.

On 04/07/2015 04:21 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

>> The explicitly inline functions belong to the header files, so move
>> cpu_to_edmac() and edmac_to_cpu() into the driver header.

> Why do they belong in the header file?

    Because they're explicitly *inline*. The functions in the .c file 
shouldn't have the *inline* keyword, DaveM wants us to rely on gcc's judgment.

> Are they (planned to be) used by
> another source file (EtherAVB?)?

    No.

> Currently no other source file besides sh_eth.c includes sh_eth.h, so
> IMHO sh_eth.h could just be absorbed by sh_eth.c.

    I agree, in principle.

[...]

>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>                          Geert

WBR, Sergei