Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 2/2] tc: make ingress and egress qdiscs consistent

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 08:58:57 -0400

On 04/08/15 08:31, Daniel Borkmann wrote:

> So aside from the ifb dev, the only guys caring about AT_INGRESS
> and AT_EGRESS is netem and act_mirred.

And the IFE action (which i havent submitted because Dave wanted me to
see if i can get an IEEE ethertype allocated first).
Essentially - this is an important optimization. If some action is
interested to find where it is connected the information is there.
But we dont want to impose on every action/classifier to be part of
this activity.

>That means the tc's cls_u32
> sample selectors a la ip, ip6, udp, tcp, icmp don't work on ingress
> either,so in u32 speak you would need to do that by hand, but that
> doesn't work as you don't have the Ethernet type context available.
> Am I missing something? :)

u32 works fine. I am sure i have tests which run these on both
in/egress.

cheers,
jamal