Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 01/17] IB/Verbs: Implement new callback query_transport() for each HW

From: Michael Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 09:46:48 +0200

On 04/09/2015 11:19 PM, Doug Ledford wrote:
[snip]
>>
>> I've written this before: The mess here is that it is too hard to know
>> what the call sites are actually checking for when it is some baroque
>> conditional.
> 
> The two goals: being specific about what the test is returning and
> minimizing the bitmap footprint; are not necessarily opposed.  One can
> do both at the same time.

This could be internal reforming after the cap_XX() stuff works for core
layer, at that time we don't need to touch core layer anymore, just
introducing this bitmap stuff in verb layer, replacing the implementation
of these helpers with the bitmap check, and following the semantic (description).

Regards,
Michael Wang

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html