Subject: Re: [PATCH resend] Renesas Ethernet AVB driver

From: Lino Sanfilippo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 00:13:48 +0200

Hi,

On 13.04.2015 22:34, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> Hello.
> 
> On 04/02/2015 04:56 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> 
>> This driver looks somewhat similar to sh-eth, but lacks some of the
>> recent bug fixes made to that.  At least commit 283e38db65e7 ("sh_eth:
>> Fix serialisation of interrupt disable with interrupt & NAPI handler")
>> appears to be applicable, but there are probably others.
> 
>     I suspect this issue applies to many drivers...
>     I couldn't reproduce the bug that patch was fixing, so left this fix out 
> for the time being. Others cases were fixed (if applicable).

Maybe its just harder to trigger but it indeed looks similar to what Ben
has fixed for sh-eth. I wonder if that shutdown flag in the fix is
really needed though. IMHO it should be save if we simply call
napi_disable first, then disable irqs on hardware and finally
synchronize_irq...

Lino