Subject: Re: [RFC 2/3] tc: deprecate TC_ACT_QUEUED

From: Alexei Starovoitov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 15:22:12 -0700

On 4/21/15 10:02 PM, Cong Wang wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Alexei Starovoitov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> TC_ACT_QUEUED was always an alias of TC_ACT_STOLEN.
>> Get rid of redundant checks in all qdiscs.
>> Instead do it once.
>
> The current code can be easily extended, while your code not.
> I don't see the need of this change.

well, iproute2 doesn't use TC_ACT_QUEUED action at all and
TC_ACT_STOLEN is used by mirred. All in-tree qdiscs alias them.
If you're saying that some future actions together with
some future qdiscs may take advantage of that, then why they didn't
use it over the last 10 years?
Having both that do the same thing is only confusing.
I think having one value to indicate 'stolen' condition makes TC
code easier to understand.
Jamal, what's your take on this?