Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/21] ARCNET: Defibrillation

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:14:41 +0200

On 04/24/2015 08:47 PM, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-04-24 at 19:20 +0200, Michael Grzeschik wrote:
>> Hi!
> 
> Hello.
> 
>> This patch series tries to reanimate the ARCNET hardware layer to be
>> somehow readable and maintainable again. It includes a lot of cleanup
>> patches. It also adds some fixes which leads the layer to become usable
>> again. And as a special treatment it adds more features like correct
>> loading and unloading of the com20020 card.
> 
> Wow.  Good for you, but why?  Does anyone still use these?

Yes, there are parts of the industry where "old" machines are
retrofitted with new hardware...and a lot of these machines still talk
ARCNET :)

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |