Subject: Re: PATCH: af_packet / TX_RING not fully non-blocking (w/ MSG_DONTWAIT)

From: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 23:39:30 +0200

Hi Mathias,

On 05/03/2015 01:28 PM, Mathias Kretschmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> following up on my initial post and the feedback I have received,
> please find attached/in-line an updated patch.

Yep, thanks for following up on this.

However, your submission (https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/467377/)
format is not correct. Your email client corrupted the whitespace,
your Signed-off-by is missing, a proper commit description is missing
and which tree your patch is targeted at. I presume -net tree as it's
a fix.

You're best off sending this patch via git-send-email(1), see also
Documentation/SubmittingPatches from the kernel tree.

Taking a random example submission from patchwork, this is how the end
result could look like:

   https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/466743/

Thus, if you just write a proper commit message in git and use
git-format-patch(1) and git-send-email(1), you should be all set. Hope
that helps.

Cheers,
Daniel

> Changes:
> *) keep the unlikely() in the case sock_alloc_send_skb() fails, as here we enter the slow path, anyway.
> *) pass on the return code from sock_alloc_send_skb(), i.e. EGAIN
>
> Please consider this for inclusion.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mathias