Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] ipv6: Fix protocol resubmission

From: Josh Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 21:37:04 -0500

On 05/29/2015 04:48 PM, Tom Herbert wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> Why did you need to move the resubmit label?

Grabbing nhoff out of the skb's cb didn't seem relevant anymore, unless 
we're requiring the decapsulating code to update the control block 
before it returns. Also, since we are returning nexthdr with the return 
value it seems unnecessary to go through that work when we already have it.

Not that there has to be symmetry here, but for example, the v4 code 
doesn't look up the protocol field again in the inner ip header. It just 
uses the protocol value returned from the protocol handler.

Also, I'm skipping the pskb_pull(), which I assumed was left up to the 
decapsulating code to setup the data pointer properly before returning. 
Again, this is how the v4 code behaves.

The only thing left is the idev which I'm not sure about. Could that 
change b/t calls?

Josh