Subject: Re: [PATCH] fib_trie: Fix potential null pointer dereference

From: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 09:36:19 -0700

On 06/07/2015 06:23 AM, Julia Lawall wrote:
>>> I think that many people would make the same mistake when looking at the
>>> code.  The change doesn't seem to hurt anything?
>> Actually, yes. But it does imporve nothing but coding style.
>> I think Alexander's code style make function more compact is also a
>> good code style. So, just keep it original.
>
> Still it makes noise when other people look at the code and find that it
> looks odd.  Removing the false positive in smatch won't completely help,
> because people could look at the code for other reasons.

I agree.  The patch is good.  My only comment was about the patch 
description.  You are fixing a coding style issue reported by smatch, 
not a NULL pointer dereference.  This is a code clean-up rather than a 
fix, but still the patch is just as useful.

While you are at it you could probably also incorporate the suggestion 
from Walter as that helps to improve the readability further.

- Alex