Subject: Re: [PATCH WIP RFC 0/3] mpls: support for ler

From: roopa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 00:13:11 -0700

On 6/8/15, 3:58 PM, Thomas Graf wrote:
> I'll immediately ACK any series that supports both models and rebase
> my patches on top of it. I think we are on the right track overall.
>
>> I am trying to get my code on github to collaborate better. Stay tuned
>> (hopefully end of day today).
>
Robert/Thomas, All my changes are in the below repo under the 'mpls' branch.
https://github.com/CumulusNetworks/net-next
https://github.com/CumulusNetworks/iproute2

The last iproute2 commit has a sample usage.

The commits pushed to this tree do not contain support for the following 
yet (but working on it):
a) tunnel routes to work with tunnel RTA_OIF and a non-tunnel RTA_OIF:
The current commits in the tree assume a non-tunnel RTA_OIF.
If the tunnel driver has registered a dst_output func,  dst_output
is set to the tunnel dst output handler in the receive route lookup path 
which in turn does the encap
and xmits. Thomas had last suggested using a flag to skip the dst output 
handler re-direction
for cases where RTA_OIF is a special tunnel netdev and the tunnel driver 
xmit function
can do the encap. My current thinking is to pass the oif to the encap 
parse handler and the handler can set the flag on the tunnel state. And 
this flag can then be used to skip the dst_output re-direction.
This change should be trivial will fix it soon.

b) make RTA_OIF optional and do a fib lookup.

keep your suggestions/feedback coming...

thanks,
Roopa