Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 2/2] Renesas Ethernet AVB PTP clock driver

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:58:26 +0300

Hello.

On 6/11/2015 10:24 AM, David Miller wrote:

>>> Ethernet AVB device includes the gPTP  timer, so we can implement a PTP clock
>>> driver.  We're doing that in a separate file, with  the main Ethernet driver
>>> calling the PTP driver's [de]initialization and interrupt handler functions.
>>> Unfortunately, the clock seems tightly coupled with the AVB-DMAC, so when that
>>> one leaves the operation mode, we have to unregister the PTP clock... :-(

>>> Based on the original patches by Masaru Nagai.

>>> Signed-off-by: Masaru Nagai <[email-masked]>
>>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

>> Applied.

    Thank you!

> I had to fix up this patch because:

> obj-$(CONFIG_RAVB) += ravb_main.o ravb_ptp.o

> Doesn't do what you want it to for the modular case.

    Oh, crap, I forgot to test the modular build after splitting the driver 
again into separate files. Sorry about that... :-<

> You instead need to say something like:

> ravb-objs := ravb_main.o ravb_ptp.o

> obj-$(CONFIG_RAVB) += ravb.o

> and that's how I fixed up this commit before pushing it out.

    And the code base I was using as a reference had this issue fixed quite 
similarly...

WBR, Sergei