Subject: Re: [PATCH - regression 4.1-rc8] can: fix loss of CAN frames in raw_rcv

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 18:57:44 +0200

On 06/21/2015 06:50 PM, Oliver Hartkopp wrote:
> As reported by Manfred Schlaegl here
> 
>    http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=143482089824232&w=2
> 
> commit 514ac99c64b "can: fix multiple delivery of a single CAN frame for
> overlapping CAN filters" requires the skb->tstamp to be set to check for
> identical CAN skbs.
> 
> As net timestamping is influenced by several players (netstamp_needed and
> netdev_tstamp_prequeue) Manfred missed a proper timestamp which leads to
> CAN frame loss.
> 
> As skb timestamping became now mandatory for CAN related skbs this patch
> makes sure that received CAN skbs always have a proper timestamp set.
> Maybe there's a better solution in the future but this patch fixes the
> CAN frame loss so far.
> 
> Reported-by: Manfred Schlaegl <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Oliver Hartkopp <[email-masked]>

I'll send a pullrequest to David asap, I'll add stable on Cc if this
doesn't make it into v4.1 anymore.

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |