Subject: Re: [net PATCH 1/1] net: phy: fix phy link up when limiting speed via device tree

From: Mugunthan V N <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:26:20 +0530

On Friday 26 June 2015 08:33 AM, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> Le 06/25/15 09:51, Mugunthan V N a écrit :
>> > When limiting phy link speed using "max-speed" to 100mbps or less on a
>> > giga bit phy, phy never completes auto negotiation and phy state
>> > machine is held in PHY_AN. Fixing this issue by comparing the giga
>> > bit advertise though phydev->supported doesn't have it but phy has
>> > BMSR_ESTATEN set. So that auto negotiation is restarted as old and
>> > new advertise are different and link comes up fine.
>> > 
>> > Signed-off-by: Mugunthan V N <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
> 

Dave

Forgot to tag the patch to [email-masked] for v4.1 lts, should I
send a separate patch to Greg KH or you still hold a branch to be sent
for v4.1?

Regards
Mugunthan V N