Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] virtio_net: add gro capability

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 09:22:48 -0700

On 08/03/2015 06:37 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Ideally this needs to also be tested on non-vxlan configs with gro in
> host, to make sure this doesn't cause regressions.

Measured with the same instances on the same hardware and software, 
taking a path through the stack (public rather than private IPs, with 
Distributed Virtual Router (DVR) enabled) which gives them GRO:

Throughput				
	Min	Median	Average	Max
4.2.0-rc3+_hostGRO	6713	8351	8232	9102
4.2.0-rc3+flush1k_hostGRO	6539	8267	8206	8982

As singletons, Mins and Maxes probably have rather high variability, I'd 
focus on the Median and Average and those are within 1%.

Send Service Demand				
	Min	Median	Average	Max
4.2.0-rc3+_hostGRO	0.332	0.496	0.490	0.651
4.2.0-rc3+flush1k_hostGRO	0.328	0.493	0.488	0.678

Receive Service Demand				
	Min	Median	Average	Max
4.2.0-rc3+_hostGRO	0.386	0.469	0.485	0.677
4.2.0-rc3+flush1k_hostGRO	0.369	0.466	0.477	0.665

happy benchmarking,

rick