Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] inetpeer: Add support for VRFs

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 20:01:34 -0600

On 8/23/15 6:15 PM, Thomas Graf wrote:
> On 08/23/15 at 08:26am, David Ahern wrote:
>> inetpeer caches based on address only, so duplicate IP addresses within
>> a namespace return the same cached entry. Similar to IP fragments handle
>> duplicate addresses across VRFs by adding the VRF master device index to
>> the lookup.
>
> We have a lot of other places which use the address only. Are you
> going to add the VRF id to all these places as well?
>

If appropriate, yes. I have fixed IP fragments and this patch fixes 
inetpeer cache. In both cases (L3 artifacts) the vrf device index 
provides the means to uniquely identify duplicate IP addresses within a 
namespace. If you know of other code that might be impacted I will 
investigate and fix as needed.

Thanks,
David