Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: Remove VRF change to udp_sendmsg

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 11:05:33 -0600

On 8/31/15 11:02 AM, Tom Herbert wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:29 AM, David Ahern <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Remove the VRF change in udp_sendmsg to set the source address. The VRF
>> driver already has access to the packet on the TX path via the dst. It
>> can be used to update the source address in the header.
>>
>
> I don't understand this. The previous code was about selecting a
> source address for packets being sourced ed on a socket, but this new
> patch seems to essentially be doing SNAT in the VRF transmit path
> which  seems like a fundamentally different behavior. Is this really
> your intention?
>

The original code and this new code are only controlling FIB lookups 
which in turn set the source address. Functionally both versions do the 
same thing.

David