Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/9] net: Refactor ip_route_input_slow

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:03:00 -0600

On 9/22/15 11:51 PM, Alexander Duyck wrote:
>
> One option you might consider when untangling this is to just return the
> values instead of leaving any labels.  I just did a quick test on my
> system with gcc version 5.1.1 and going through and just replacing all
> of the labels with returns actually resulted in smaller code since the
> compiler was smart enough to just combine the returns anyway.

You have to unwrap it the way I did because there are a number of places 
with multiple jumps and a couple of places with fallthrough -- one label 
falling into the next.

>
> You may also want to increase the scope of this patch set to include
> __mkroute_input as it ends up being compiled into this function as
> well.  From what I have seen there is a bit of redundancy with some of
> the code from local_input.

Topic of another series. As is ip_route_input_mc. (and many other 
functions in this file)

Thanks for the review; new version coming soon.

David