Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 3/5] net: dsa: complete dsa_switch_destroy

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 13:25:19 -0700

Le 03/10/2015 07:26, Neil Armstrong a écrit :
> When unbinding dsa, complete the dsa_switch_destroy to unregister the
> fixed link phy then cleanly unregister and destroy the net devices.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Neil Armstrong <[email-masked]>
> ---

[snip]

> +		port_dn = cd->port_dn[port];
> +		if (of_phy_is_fixed_link(port_dn)) {
> +			phydev = of_phy_find_device(port_dn);
> +			if (phydev) {
> +				int addr = phydev->addr;
> +				phy_device_free(phydev);
> +				of_node_put(port_dn);
> +				fixed_phy_del(addr);

fixed_phy_del() removes the fixed PHY from the platform fixed MDIO bus
list of PHYs, so we should be okay even with switch drivers which
register a link_update callback via fixed_phy_set_link_update(), but I
have not checked that. The sequence of call looks (phy_device_free then
fixed_phy_del) looks sane though.

Eventually this logic might be better moved into net/dsa/slave.c such
that it is easy to see how it balances dsa_slave_phy_setup().

Reviewed-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
-- 
Florian