Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] net/bonding: send arp in interval if no active slave

From: Jarod Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 10:36:03 -0400

Jarod Wilson wrote:
...
> As Andy already stated I'm not a fan of such workarounds either but it's
> necessary sometimes so if this is going to be actually considered then a
> few things need to be fixed. Please make this a proper bonding option
> which can be changed at runtime and not only via a module parameter.

Is there any particular userspace tool that would need some updating, or 
is adding the sysfs knobs sufficient here? I think I've got all the 
sysfs stuff thrown together now, but still need to test.

>> Now, I saw that you've only tested with 500 ms, can't this be fixed by
>> using
>> a different interval ? This seems like a very specific problem to have a
>> whole new option for.
>
> ...I'll wait until we've heard confirmation from Uwe that intervals
> other than 500ms don't fix things.

Okay, so I believe the "only tested with 500ms" was in reference to 
testing with Uwe's initial patch. I do have supporting evidence in a 
bugzilla report that shows upwards of 5000ms still experience the 
problem here.

-- 
Jarod Wilson
[email-masked]