Subject: [PATCH V3 0/2] limit xen vnic max queues number to online cpus number

From: Joe Jin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 17:42:32 +0800

Currently xen vnic allowed to create lots of queues by set module param
max_queues(both netback and netfront), when queues number larger than
cpus number, it does not help for performance but need more cpu time.

This patchset limit netback and netfront max queues number to online
cpus number.

Joe Jin (2):
  xen-netback: limit xen vif max queues number to online cpus
  xen-netfront: limit vnic max_queues number to online cpus

---
Changes in v3:
  - Corrected the range info [1-CPUs].

Changes in v2:
  - Replace param_get_int to param_get_uint.
  - Use '%u' for unsigned int when print.
  - Replace EINVAL to ERANGE when out of range [0-CPUs].
  - Reset the perm of max_queues on sysfs to 0644.

 drivers/net/xen-netback/netback.c |   28 ++++++++++++++++++++++------
 drivers/net/xen-netfront.c        |   28 ++++++++++++++++++++++------
 2 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)