Subject: Re: [Bug 106241] New: shutdown(3)/close(3) behaviour is incorrect for sockets in accept(3)

From: Alan Burlison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:46:05 +0100

On 23/10/2015 15:21, Eric Dumazet wrote:

> I claim nothing. If you believe a man page should be fixed, please send
> a patch to man page maintainer.

Ermm, you *really* want me to submit a patch removing 'Conforms to 
POSIX.1-2001' from *every* Linux manpage?

> Have you tested the patch I sent ?

The AF_UNIX poll one? No, I don't have the means to do so, and in any 
case that's not a POSIX issue, just a plain bug. I'm happy to log a bug 
if that helps.

> The goal here is to improve things, not to say you are right or I am
> right. I am very often wrong, then what ?
>
> This list is about linux kernel development.

Thank you for the clarification.

-- 
Alan Burlison
--