Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 02/10] ss: created formatters for json and hr

From: Matthias Tafelmeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 07:54:44 +0100

> Your perception is incorrect.
> I am still maintaining iproute2. Phil is just providing lots of feedback
> and new patches.
No offense intendet! I know, Phil has already clarified things in the
other responses. Maybe you overlooked those accidentally.

> The size of the change makes it harder to digest, and I do think
> adding JSON support is a good idea. Just concerned about the long
> term maintainance overhead. Plus I want the other utilities to have
> JSON output as well. Therefore this change is going to take longer
> to adopt and hopefull we can figure out a good way to do this kind
> of output.

I see! Well, do you conceive a decentralized approach or a centralized
one for all the utilities?
Decentralizied would be as things are now – I mean what my patch series
tries to amount to.

> Almost want to go to C++ or something.

Would that be viable or is that a wishful line of thougts?