Subject: Re: Linux 4.2.4

From: Gerhard Wiesinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 14:51:01 +0100

On 25.10.2015 17:29, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 11:48:54AM +0100, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
>> On 25.10.2015 10:46, Willy Tarreau wrote:
>>> ipset *triggered* the problem. The whole stack dump would tell more.
>> OK, find the stack traces in the bug report:
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1272645
>>
>> Kernel 4.1.10 triggered also a kernel dump when playing with ipset commands
>> and IPv6, details in the bug report  ....
>>
>>>> Kernel 4.2 seems to me not well tested in the netfilter parts at all
>>>> (Bug with already known bugfix
>>>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2015/10/msg00034.html was
>>>> triggered on 2 of 3 of my machines, the new bug on 1 of 1 tested machine).
>>> There's a reason why Greg maintains stable and LTS kernels :-)
>> Stable kernels don't crash but definiton. :-)
>>
>> At least triggered 2 kernel panics in 5min, even with 4.1.10 and ipset
>> commands ...
> Does this happen also with Linus's tree?  I suggest you ask the
> networking developers about this on [email-masked], there's
> nothing that I can do on my own about this, sorry.

Patch is now available, see:
[PATCH 0/3] ipset patches for nf
https://marc.info/?l=netfilter-devel&m=144690007708041&w=2
https://marc.info/?l=netfilter-devel&m=144690007808042&w=2
https://marc.info/?l=netfilter-devel&m=144690008608043&w=2
https://marc.info/?l=netfilter-devel&m=144690007708039&w=2
[ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.27 released
https://marc.info/?l=netfilter-devel&m=144690048308099&w=2

Requires also new userland ipset version.

Please integrate it upstream.

Thanx to Jozsef Kadlecsik for fixing it.

Ciao,
Gerhard