Subject: Re: [PATCH net 1/2] packet: do skb_probe_transport_header when we actually have data

From: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 12:31:59 +0100

On 11/07/2015 11:29 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 10:53:50 -0800
>
>> Well, imagine following scenario (a real one, as I use it all of
>> time, thus how I discovered all trafgen traffic ends up on one slave
>> only)
>>
>> Even if qdisc is bypassed on the bond0, the current handling does
>> not prevent going to the slave qdiscs.
>
> Ok, depending upon the semantics Daniel intended, we may have to add
> a qdisc bypass boolean bit to SKBs.

It was resembling pktgen to some extend, only to be more flexible in
terms of defining packet payload (trafgen, I mean). Yes, pktgen has
the same issue on that regard, hmm I'm not yet sure, though, if it's
worth burning an extra skb bit for both cases.