Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] ser_gigaset fixes

From: Tilman Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 19:09:44 +0100

Hi Paul,

Am 10.12.2015 um 12:31 schrieb Paul Bolle:
> 1/3 ran into objections and, I think, Alan Cox is working on an
> alternative for it. Would you mind resending 2/3 and 3/3 as a two
> patches series? Feel free to add
>     Acked-by: Paul Bolle <[email-masked]>
> 
> to both.

Alan's patch dated 09 Dec 2015 20:33:24 applies on top of 1/3 so I
reckon it should be kept.

> (The previous gigaset series, which you sent in July this year, was
> picked up from netdev directly by David Miller. Unless people actually
> prefer these patches to also be signed-off by me, I'm perfectly fine
> with that.)

I think as a maintainer you are supposed to sign off patches for the
code you maintain. My signed-off as recently retired ex-maintainer was
probably still good enough in July. I'm unsure whether it still is today.

Regards,
Tilman

-- 
Tilman Schmidt                              E-Mail: [email-masked]
Bonn, Germany
Nous, on a des fleurs et des bougies pour nous protéger.