Subject: Re: localed stuck in recent 3.18 git in copy_net_ns?

From: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:20:11 -0700

Paul E. McKenney <[email-masked]> wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 09:48:34PM -0700, Jay Vosburgh wrote:
>> Paul E. McKenney <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
>> >Either way, my patch assumed that 39953dfd4007 (rcu: Avoid misordering in
>> >__call_rcu_nocb_enqueue()) would work and that 1772947bd012 (rcu: Handle
>> >NOCB callbacks from irq-disabled idle code) would fail.  Is that the case?
>> >If not, could you please bisect the commits between 11ed7f934cb8 (rcu:
>> >Make nocb leader kthreads process pending callbacks after spawning)
>> >and c847f14217d5 (rcu: Avoid misordering in nocb_leader_wait())?
>> 
>> 	Just a note to add that I am also reliably inducing what appears
>> to be this issue on a current -net tree, when configuring openvswitch
>> via script.  I am available to test patches or bisect tomorrow (Friday)
>> US time if needed.
>
>Thank you, Jay!  Could you please check to see if reverting this commit
>fixes things for you?
>
>35ce7f29a44a rcu: Create rcuo kthreads only for onlined CPUs
>
>Reverting is not a long-term fix, as this commit is itself a bug fix,
>but would be good to check to see if you are seeing the same thing that
>Yanko is.  ;-)

	Just to confirm what Yanko found, reverting this commit makes
the problem go away for me.

	-J

---
	-Jay Vosburgh, [email-masked]