Subject: Re: net-libertas: Better exception handling in if_spi_host_to_card_worker()

From: Arend van Spriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 11:05:55 +0100

On 03-01-16 16:18, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> On 3 January 2016 at 10:36, Arend van Spriel <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 02-01-16 12:21, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
>>>> Did you look at the resulting assembly code for different target architectures?
>>>
>>> Not yet. - Which execution system variants would you recommend for
>>> further comparisons?
>>
>> Guess x86{,_64} and arm would be good candidates, ie. CISC vs. RISC.
> 
> Oh, don't forget about MIPS with its fancy branches handling. You know
> about it, don't you?

You are asking me, right ;-) ? I have come across my share of MIPS
platforms here at Broadcom, but I still try to avoid them as much as
possible.

> I'm against this patch as well.

and counting... :-p

Regards,
Arend
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kernel-janitors" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html