Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH net-next 14/24] phy_device: Move phy attributes into phy_device

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 17:57:44 -0800

On 04/01/16 09:36, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> The mdio_bus exports three attributes. However these are all phy
> attributes, not generic mdio attributes. So move the attributes into
> the phy device code.

It could help to mention why just in case you have to respin that patch
series:

- PHY ID is the unique 32-bits identifier for a MDIO device implementing
standard MII registers MII_PHYSID1/2, which is not guaranteed to be the
case for non-standard compliant devices (e.g: Ethernet switches)

- PHY interface describes the data-path of the PHY/MDIO device, which is
not strictly a PHY thing, but is required and needed for PHY devices to
function, a MDIO device could be a control device exclusively

- PHY has fixups describes what the PHY driver may have done, so
completely PHY specific

> 
> Signed-off-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>

Reviewed-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
-- 
Florian