Subject: Re: rsi: Delete unnecessary variable initialisations in rsi_send_mgmt_pkt()

From: SF Markus Elfring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 17:23:04 +0100

> Every time you send a set of patches,

I suggested some updates for Linux source files since October 2014.

> there are legitimate issues which people raise,

There was usual feedback.

> and every time they are discussed,

The discussion results were mixed between acceptance
and usual disagreement.

> you assert that your patches improve things

I guess that should be the default intention of every patch, shouldn't it?

> and seem to ignore the concerns people raise.

I hope not. - But I can imagine that you might understand some responses
from contributors in this way.
Are you waiting for another clarification on a specific issue?

> I've seen this same pattern of discussion here with these patches,
> with your patches to move labels into if statements, with the patches
> you sent late June last year, your patches to remove conditions before
> kfree() and friends, etc.

It seems that communication difficulties come partly from the fact
that I chose search patterns from static source code analysis so far
which belong to an error category that gets a lower priority.

> You need to change you attitude: just because you can see some benefit
> from your patches doesn't mean others do and it doesn't mean that
> they're willing to accept them.

I understand your advice.

Further update suggestions with higher importance might follow for various
software areas in the future.

Regards,
Markus