Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: pktgen: support injecting packets for qdisc testing

From: John Fastabend <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 07:24:08 -0800

On 16-01-08 06:38 AM, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
> On 16-01-07 09:28 PM, John Fastabend wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jamal,
>>
>> per your comment about using pktgen to test qdiscs here is the
>> patch I've been using most the day which has been working well.
>> I'm guessing this is more or less what you had in mind.
>>
> 
> I have attached the one i used over the holidays - see if there are
> any differences(sorry dont have much time right now).
> 
> cheers,
> jamal

Close except I don't back off the qdisc when I get
xmit_{drop|cn|policed} return codes because I'm trying to
stress the qdisc.

Also I don't see the point to doing the skb_get_tx_queue and
txq_trans_update() this should be called by dev_queue_xmit
anyways.

If its all the same to you I would just assume have my version in
pktgen and later if its useful for you add an option to back-off
when the qdisc throws an error.

Thanks,
John