Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: phy: Support for non-HW interrupt devices

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 12:27:02 -0800

Hello Andrew,

Le 08/01/2016 11:24, Andrew Lunn a écrit :
>> That seems like an elegant way to solve the problem, without adding code
>> in the PHY library that does not use the interrupt API, but it also
>> seems to me like there are some other potential issues associated with
>> doing that:
> 
> Hi Florian
> 
> I don't want to hijack this thread with DSA stuff. Plus you gave me
> some ideas for improvements :-)
> 
> Lets come back to this in a couple of weeks once i have the DSA
> proposal patches rebased on mdio device, and i've played a bit more.

Sounds good, I will send some patches shortly which really fix the PHY
state machine not to poll PHYs configured with PHY_IGNORE_INTERRUPT and
fixing phy_mac_interrupt() to be callable in hard IRQ context (finally).

Maybe these patches can help Woojung get what he needs for his driver.
-- 
Florian