Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 00/16] add Intel X722 iWARP driver

From: Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz-VPRAkNaXOzVWk0Htik3J/[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 09:53:51 +0200

On 1/21/2016 12:57 AM, Steve Wise wrote:
> I also asked you why the port mapper code has to be present in each
> iwarp driver and not part of the IB core stack, and you responded
> "i40iw iwarp driver registers with port mapper and uses its services.
> Beside that it is not the scope of the patch series"  -- well, it is
> in the scope of upstream review to pose such questions, please
> address.
>
>
> There is a common service/API in the IB core for iWarp port mapping.  See drivers/infinbiand/core/iwpm*.c and include/rdma/iw_portmap.h.
>
>

Steve,

Okay, but I still don't follow why each vendor needs an RDMA_NL_YYY ID 
(RDMA_NL_C4IW, RDMA_NL_NES and now a new one  for this driver) of their own.

I see that the two current drivers actually use the same callbacks 
towards user-space, does each vendor uses a different user-space daemon, 
why?

Or.

net.git]# cd drivers/infiniband/hw/

hw]# git grep RDMA_NL_IWPM .
cxgb4/device.c: [RDMA_NL_IWPM_REG_PID] = {.dump = iwpm_register_pid_cb},
cxgb4/device.c: [RDMA_NL_IWPM_ADD_MAPPING] = {.dump = iwpm_add_mapping_cb},
cxgb4/device.c: [RDMA_NL_IWPM_QUERY_MAPPING] = {.dump = 
iwpm_add_and_query_mapping_cb},
cxgb4/device.c: [RDMA_NL_IWPM_HANDLE_ERR] = {.dump = iwpm_mapping_error_cb},
cxgb4/device.c: [RDMA_NL_IWPM_REMOTE_INFO] = {.dump = iwpm_remote_info_cb},
cxgb4/device.c: [RDMA_NL_IWPM_MAPINFO] = {.dump = iwpm_mapping_info_cb},
cxgb4/device.c: [RDMA_NL_IWPM_MAPINFO_NUM] = {.dump = 
iwpm_ack_mapping_info_cb}
cxgb4/device.c: if (ibnl_add_client(RDMA_NL_C4IW, RDMA_NL_IWPM_NUM_OPS,

nes/nes.c:      [RDMA_NL_IWPM_REG_PID] = {.dump = iwpm_register_pid_cb},
nes/nes.c:      [RDMA_NL_IWPM_ADD_MAPPING] = {.dump = iwpm_add_mapping_cb},
nes/nes.c:      [RDMA_NL_IWPM_QUERY_MAPPING] = {.dump = 
iwpm_add_and_query_mapping_cb},
nes/nes.c:      [RDMA_NL_IWPM_REMOTE_INFO] = {.dump = iwpm_remote_info_cb},
nes/nes.c:      [RDMA_NL_IWPM_HANDLE_ERR] = {.dump = iwpm_mapping_error_cb},
nes/nes.c:      [RDMA_NL_IWPM_MAPINFO] = {.dump = iwpm_mapping_info_cb},
nes/nes.c:      [RDMA_NL_IWPM_MAPINFO_NUM] = {.dump = 
iwpm_ack_mapping_info_cb}
nes/nes.c:      if (ibnl_add_client(RDMA_NL_NES, RDMA_NL_IWPM_NUM_OPS, 
nes_nl_cb_table))

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html