Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: bcmgenet: Add MDIO_INTR in GENETv2

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 21:47:45 -0800

Hi Jaedon

Le 15/02/2016 19:12, Jaedon Shin a écrit :
> 
> As you said, the part in bcmgenet_irq_task() is a problem.
> 
> The bcmgenet using internal PHY should use phy_mac_interrupt() cause it has not
> PHY_POLL, and it depends on Ethernet MAC ISR.
> 
> UMAC_IRQ_LINK_EVENT(LINK_UP and LINK_DOWN) was working correctly in GENETv2,
> but (priv->hw_params->flags & GENET_HAS_MDIO_INTR) was blocking to call
> phy_mac_interrupt(). I didn't find a reason through datasheet without MDIO_INTR
> in GENETv2. However, I'm not sure using MDIO_INTR.
> 
> Therefore if MDIO_INTR is not valid in GENETv2, I will send the patch again 
> to remove the first chicken GENET_HAS_MDIO_INTR after your confirm.

MDIO interrupts are wired in GENETv2, so the second part of your patch
is correct, I see now that you have submitted a proper fix for the Link
UP/DOWN event condition, and thank you for doing that. FWIW, all GENET
versions have link UP/DOWN interrupts.